• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Occassional issues with UPS module

darrenalexander

I am working on a site that is using UPS to calculate real time shipping. Up until approximatly a week ago it would work with no issues. Now approximatly 10% of the time it will sit there for about a minute and then display:

"We are unable to obtain a rate quote for UPS shipping.

Please contact the store if no other alternative is shown"

Also while in Admin if I try to go to the whos online it will occasionally take a while to open. This isn't a major deal just wanted to through it in in case they are related.

The version is 2.2 RC2. Would upgrading to the latest version fix this or is there an easier way.

Thanks,

Darren

@@darrenalexander

It sounds like a server response issue. I would check with your hosting provider, if you have shared hosting you may be on a server where one or more other websites are using most of the server resources.

Chris

That was one thought but with only one page causing a problem (checkout_shipping) and whos online in the admin (not a problem if it is slow) that it was probably related to that module upgrade etc. The site is hosted at hostway which from what I have read is known to overloaded servers.

I can check with the site owner to contact hostway on server loads but he is currently dealing with a situation that is much larger than his website and trying to help him out.