• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need Help in changing the default country URGENT PLZZZ.....

ammu_omni

Hi,

I have oscommerce websites for past 4-5 years. It has only english language. I need to create a new italian website with italian language.

I have all the modules installed in english language in both admin and includes directory.

There website is with the default country Canada. In create_account page it just displays the country without any drop box.

I found out that the below two places the country id passed directly as default country.

1. In includes/functions/ajax.php on line - 4.

2. In includes/languages/canadian.php on line - 384.

Plz check it.....I've attached both the files.

I've downloaded and installed Italian zones and I changed the country id's to Italian in above files.

But It just picks up the zones correctly but not the country. Still the country is Canada but with the Italian zones.

I don't know where else to change the country id.

Please help me i'm new to oscommerce and i'm struggling for last two days.

Please help me it is VERY VERY URGENT...

Thanks in advance..

canadian.php

ajax.php

@@ammu_omni

The country list is pulled from the database. There is NO canadian.php file in a standard installation of osCommerce so you have some custom coding. However, the create_account.php file SHOULD pull the country list from the database. Check in admin under localization/ taxes and ADD the country you need to add there. Then, check the create account page to see if it is now an option. If it is not, then you will have to check the custom coding previously done on the site.

Chris

Archived