• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Reg symbol not appearing in title tag

yogeshnaik

Hi People,

This issue might seem trivial, but I'm not able to sort it out....

Issue is.... in my <title> tag the ® symbol is not getting displayed as ® for my products.... Instead its like

The Departed ® DVD....

I guess titles are getting generated from template_top.php

<title><?php echo tep_output_string_protected($oscTemplate->getTitle()); ?></title>

I checked in ht_product_title.php (located in catalog/includes/modulesheader_tags/)

I guess this function generates it....

function execute() {
 global $PHP_SELF, $oscTemplate, $HTTP_GET_VARS, $languages_id, $product_check;

if (basename($PHP_SELF) == FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO) {
 if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {
	 if ($product_check['total'] > 0) {
	 $product_info_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
	 $product_info = tep_db_fetch_array($product_info_query);

$oscTemplate->setTitle($product_info['products_name'] . ', ' . $oscTemplate->getTitle());
	 }
 }
 }
}

Any idea how to display it as ® and not as plain ® ........?

Thanks

A man is great by Deeds, not by Birth....

No doubt the HTML is being "sanitized" before output, which means that & gets converted to & amp; (all one word). You can look in the browser at the Page Source to confirm this. This is done to prevent incidental use of an ampersand & from being misinterpreted as an HTML entity (just as < and > are changed to & lt; and & gt; to prevent accidental -- or malicious -- tags). Actually, I can't see that any HTML entity is going to cause trouble beyond maybe a funny character on the page (unlike a <script> or <iframe> tag), so it might be worthwhile to find the offending call (probably htmlspecialchars()) and replace it with something that only translates < and > to HTML entities. You'll probably have to replace it with your own killtags(string) call.

Archived