• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Store suddenly stops working

suscrofa

Hello, everyone!

After much frustration, I got two shipping modules (UPS and USPS), and two for payment working (authorize.net and PayPal). I built two copies of our store (naturs-way.com/farmstore and naturs-way.com/farmstore2)before linking either to our site (naturs-way.com). I made multiple orders in both of these stores without any problems.

Then I tried linking naturs-way.com/farmstore to naturs-way.com on our js menu line. I then try to make an order through the site. Suddenly, the shipping modules don't work. I switch to naturs-way.com/farmstore2 and the same thing happens. I unlink both and now neither farmstore or farmstore2 work. AND every copy I had as backup is corrupted.

This is the same thing that happened to the original version back in the fall, which is why I rebuilt it in a newer version.

Is it possible that theree is something in the js that corrupted these files? I am restoring from the server, but I suspect I will find that they are corrupted as well. I will no longer try to link the store through js.

Thanks, I will appreciate any suggestions.

Lark

Hi,

I`m don`t really understand how you make the linking. if you have not moved your shops elsewhere out "naturs-way.com/farmstore2" and "naturs-way.com/farmstore2" then everything must work else if you moved then you need to check your config files for right paths set.

here: naturs-way.com/farmstore2/includes/configure.php

and

here: naturs-way.com/farmstore2/admin/includes/configure.php

Boriss

@@suscrofa

I reviewed the cart, the left menu's and the product links....there are TONS of errors with the way that site is coded. I would check the /includes/configure.php files and correct the errors.

Chris

Dear Chris;

What you looked at was the old farmstore that was corrupted last fall. I put it back after I realized the new versions no longer worked. If you want to see the new ones go to either:

naturs-way.com/farmstore

naturs-way.com/farmstore2

Two shipping and two payment modules were working before I triesd the linkup.

The above are not linked to the homepage, you must type in the addresses.

Lark

Hi Lark,

Just see this error with your sites??

Directory has no index file.

Browsing this site or directory without an index file is prohibited.

If you are the site's webmaster, you can remedy this problem by creating a default HTML page with one of the following names:

index.html

Regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Thanks, but that is caused by an incomplete restoration by the server. I was trying to see if copies from last Friday, three days before I tried to integrate the stores with our site, would have the same problem. I tried replacing the corrupted files with my back up, and by restoring myself through the server's site. I have to see how many files actually got downloaded. Thanks for looking.

Lark

Hi Lark,

Well what you are missing is first the index.php so have a look and see if it is there in your backup might be better to try then uploading with an FTP client eg: File Zilla should be about 49 files and 8 yellow directorys in a standard install

Regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Thanks again. I checked and there was more than the index file missing, there were only 7 files listed. I deleted them and asked if they could upload them again. I tried to use the archive gateway to open zipped backups, but that didn't work either.

I copied a much older version and started to install usps v. 4, but it kept acting like there were whitespaces in the files I downloaded directly from the add on. Several trips through the downloaded files to remove whitespaces still gave me a blank admin shipping page qhen I tried to reinstall. I know there was a file I had trouble with in the version I finally got working, and I would prefer to copy the file from there. IF I can get it back. usps gave me the most trouble, I spent a lot of time with those files.

I will have to see if netfirms.com can restore the complete farmstore from Friday. Thanks.

Lark

I realized that one way to corrupt all copies of a store was to corrupt the database. I imported a copy of the db for naturs-way.com/farmstore, but it did not solve the problem. Neither shipping method works, and that is as far as you can get. Both stores are back online now:

naturs-way.com/farmstore

naturs-way.com/farmstore2

I am currently building a new store and will not integrate it with the site via javascript. I fear a virus of some kind lurks within, but only for directories. The files with the suffix 'htm' do not seem to be affected.

Is there anything else I could try to use one of the above stores? I tried reinstalling USPS and UPS.

Thank you.

Lark

Archived