• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Include product information in main body content and not in right column

Hi All,

I am trying to include the product information (e.g. Manufacturer Info) into the main body content (containing product description, price, etc.).

I know that they are being displayed in the right column but I wish to remove right column completely.

Is there any way to do so?

Regards,

FT

@@fting

Sure, Include the following into your product_info.php where you want it. You will have to adjust the layout ofcourse.

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {

$manufacturer_query = tep_db_query("select m.manufacturers_id, m.manufacturers_name, m.manufacturers_image, mi.manufacturers_url from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " mi on (m.manufacturers_id = mi.manufacturers_id and mi.languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'), " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id");

if (tep_db_num_rows($manufacturer_query)) {

$manufacturer = tep_db_fetch_array($manufacturer_query);

$manufacturer_info_string = '<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="ui-widget-content infoBoxContents">';

if (tep_not_null($manufacturer['manufacturers_image'])) $manufacturer_info_string .= '<tr><td align="center" colspan="2">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $manufacturer['manufacturers_image'], $manufacturer['manufacturers_name']) . '</td></tr>';

if (tep_not_null($manufacturer['manufacturers_url'])) $manufacturer_info_string .= '<tr><td valign="top">- </td><td valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_REDIRECT, 'action=manufacturer&manufacturers_id=' . $manufacturer['manufacturers_id']) . '" target="_blank">' . sprintf(MODULE_BOXES_MANUFACTURER_INFO_BOX_HOMEPAGE, $manufacturer['manufacturers_name']) . '</a></td></tr>';

$manufacturer_info_string .= '<tr><td valign="top">- </td><td valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'manufacturers_id=' . $manufacturer['manufacturers_id']) . '">' . MODULE_BOXES_MANUFACTURER_INFO_BOX_OTHER_PRODUCTS . '</a></td></tr>' .

'</table>';

Chris

@@DunWeb

Thank you for your reply!

It works well but may I know where do I get the rest of the codes in the right column? Such as 'Share Product', 'Notifications', etc ?

Regards,

FT

@@fting

All of the boxes can be found in the /includes/modules/boxes directory. Just remove the content you want to place into the main text area.

Chris

Archived