• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UPS XML Error with Postal Code

KVA Brett

Hello,

I am receiving a PHP error_log message that is showing the following:

UPSXML Rates Error: 111285: The postal code 20816 is invalid for VA United States. experienced by customer with id xxx on 2013-04-06 17:02:34

The error showed 3 times with the same user, in a matter of minutes. The customer never contacted us, so I'm not sure the outcome of his problem. I've gone and looked up 20816 in Virginia, and cross-matched it to his address. Both of which are actual valid postal codes for VA. I am not sure how I can add that, to avoid this error in the future.

Thanks in Advance,

Brett

UPS is right; that zip is in Bethesda MD. It actually doesn't matter whether it's right or not, it only matters whether UPS accepts it as correct for that address. In this case UPS doesn't accept it and returns an error.

The only way to avoid this problem is to have an alternate shipping method that doesn't verify addresses. I'm not sure why you would want to do that anyway.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Thank you for your reply Jim.

That being said, how am I going to get an order processed and shipped if my shipping module is rejecting the zip?

Thanks,

Brett

Edit: Also, How is it that when I search his address on Google it gives me the same zip as what you're saying is for Bethesda MD?

Edited by KVA Brett

You aren't. UPS would not accept the package, nor would USPS or FedEx. You need to get the correct information from the customer before you can ship.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.