• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Image linking from home page to products

roobear

I would like to add a link from an image on my home page to the product the image is promoting. I am new to 2.3 and it is giving me a hid ache.

My site is pennylanegifts.co.uk so you can see what I mean.

Cheers in advance

this works:

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link('product_info.php?products_id=<insert_product_id_here>') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . '<insert_product_image_name_here_including_extension>') . '</a>'; ?>

Mark

Hi As mentioned earlier I copied this file and changed the variables but nothing on site happens, it just crashes, am I typing the right variables in.

I am placing it in languages/english/index page So that I have image links on my home page

Cheers everyone

Des

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link('product_info.php?products_id=<46&products_id=56>') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . '<baby-wear.GIF>') . '</a>'; ?>

pennylanegifts.co.uk

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link('product_info.php?products_id=46') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . '<baby-wear.gif>') . '</a>'; ?>

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link('product_info.php?products_id=56') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . '<baby-wear.gif>') . '</a>'; ?>

Try that - just one value for products_id and the <> removed

No mate, it just comes up with server error.

This is the code I have just to place the images and I just removed it and copied your code

define('TEXT_MAIN', "

<center/><image src=images/baby-wear.gif>

<image src=images/web-image-link.gif>

<image src=images/web-image-link.gif>

<image src=images/hi-viz.gif>

<image src=images/pp.gif>

<image src=images/pp2.gif>

<image src=images/comodo_secure_100x85_transp.png><center/>

");

Thanks for the help

Right !

I had placed the html above in lanuages/english/.index so I removed the html and replaced it with..

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link('product_info.php?products_id=<46&products_id=56>') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . '<baby-wear.GIF>') . '</a>'; ?>

The Site does not load, then I thought if the slider is on a diff page and still loads on the home page maybe I am placing code in the wrong place ?

So I have now placed the code above the slider script and below the last DIV tag in catalogue/index and now I get the link which is cool but no image just a image holder. Tried adding and removing the last brackets and site does not load.

Getting there slowly.

Any ideas folks

pennylanegifts.co.uk

Sorted thanks everyone. I put the image in wrong place !

Code is added in catalogue/index

And it is the one from above

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link('product_info.php?products_id=place digits here') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'name of image') . '</a>'; ?>

Archived