• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I give up!!

beachboy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where are you making hte thema changes? By editing default.php or in the Store Configuration in admin? It sounds like you are making changes to default.php only, which is only one page. You need to go into admin, into store configuration and click on thema, edit and then chose the theme number that you want to have.

To change the header for your store you need to go to include/header.php and make your changes there. As an example go to http://cool-nets.com/naturemomshops and you will see backgounds and graphics that are called in the header. The stylesheet will be modified tomorrow, tonight the "standard layout" is inside the new layout. I am teaching someone else how to do their own modifications, so by Sunday night EST that store will be a lot different.

You don't have to edit 100's of files and I am sure that some of those doc files must have mentioned editing stylesheets and header files. Also the Thema documention points you to where the files are found for each theme.

Take a breath and read instead of skim.....

8)

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

I found part of the problem thema 1 and 6 have no .gif files in them so through the admin page I changed to thema 4 and it works fine except on my default page. It's still trying to call thema 6..Were do I fix that?

I have header php open in my editor. The only place I see it calling an image is on line 53 where it calls for oscommerce.gif. Now if I want to add an image next to that whats the code and exactly where do I put it in relation to that?

This is the code they use:

?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr class="header">

<td valign="middle"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce'); ?></td>

I tried to copy that code and replace oscommrce.gif with the image I want next to it. I put it below the above code and nothing happened except a big mess..

Thanks

one easy way to do it is change

<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce'); ?>

to

<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . ' ' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'imagename.gif', 'imagename'); ?>

that would put the images next to each other, but that would also depend on table widths, etc.

you could also add a column so each image is in a separate column so they would align properly if they are not the same size, etc... there are a number of variations on this

i am still stumped over why your default.php page and product_info.php pages are different - even the header is different

have you tried replacing your default.php page with a clean copy, reinstall the thema calls to it, and see what happens

can you copy and paste the actual php code from default.php and product_info.php for the thema line:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/classes/thema/6/stylesheet.css">

</head>

jchasick

It works!! I now have my banner next to my logo on all the pages..Your a genius.. Ok..I think the only thing left I need help on is my default page..I'll go load the one from my backup. It hasn't been touched.

Thanks Loxly but I've been trying that for days and can't get it to work..

Because you had edited the incorrect files :) I have kicked myself for days over missing backgrounds and partial backgrouds, only to discover I had edited header.php and stylesheet.php and forgot to check thema/1/stylesheet.php or hadn't realized that once I made the change to the thema stylesheet I didn't need to change the header also.

i am still stumped over why your default.php page and product_info.php pages are different - even the header is different

have you tried replacing your default.php page with a clean copy, reinstall the thema calls to it, and see what happens

Because he was editing the actual page files and not the header.php :)

Now go look at athe file and see what it is talking about. There may be a missing ' or ) or ;

Loxly, Thats where I put my own text in and it worked fine before. I just added a ' at the end of the line as it was missing does it need anything else:

'<B>Greetings,</B>, <Br><br> Here at Beachboys Tool Shack you will find a wide variety of tools!<br><br> Feel free to shop around, if you have any questions just give me a shout! <br><br> This is the <B>catalog page</B>From here you can access all the products, View you shopping cart and checkout.'

This is the line the parse error refers to..

look at the define for TEXT_MAIN

as Deb says, it is probably missing a ' or a ) or a ; at the end of the line

or just post line 14 here :roll: :wink:

if that is the text for Text_Main then it should be

define('Text_Main','<B>Greetings,</B>, <Br><br> Here at Beachboys Tool Shack you will find a wide variety of tools!<br><br> Feel free to shop around, if you have any questions just give me a shout! <br><br> This is the <B>catalog page</B>From here you can access all the products, View you shopping cart and checkout.');

Success!!!You guys and gals have been a great help and I want to really thank you!!! To think I've been beating my head against the wall for weeks and all I needed to do was come here!!

I looked at the stylesheet and it looks pretty easy to change the colors from there. Do I use the one in Catalog, Is that the main one?

yes and no.....

since you are using thema, you will want to edit the appropriate thema stylesheet since that is what your files are now pointing to instead of the default stylesheet.css file

so go to the thema folder for the thema you are using and edit that stylesheet

yes you can - thats what a lot of us did - the thema is a nice idea, but can lead to problems (as you have seen)

if you keep everything in the main catalog/stylesheet.css file than at least you know where everything is

and as you learn php you will find little tricks you can do to vary different pages and do different things

one step at a time 8)

there isn't without uninstalling it

what I might recommend you do so you don't have to totally backtrack and redo everything is since you have thema installed, and since it is now working, simply work with that thema stylesheet and make the changes you want to make to that thema stylesheet, otherwise you will have to go back thru all the files you changed to add the thema stylesheet link....:shock:

remember that, and this holds true for using thema or using the default stylesheet, if you change the color of infobox headers, you will have to edit the graphics boxes and change the colors in a paint program and reload them

Archived