• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Skip Shipping Page

Welcome to the osCommerce Skip Shipping Page add-on.

There are various reasons you might want to skip the shipping page.

This add-on is written to skip the shipping page if the basket total is zero and the total weight is zero. You can amend these rules to reflect your requirements.

Your first shipping method will be "selected" for the order and be shown on the checkout confirmation page but you can add code to hide that if you wish.

You can see this in action at www.theukwaltons.co.uk by adding items in the how to section to your basket and checking out.

Only 1 edit to implement this feature.

The add-on is available at Skip Shipping Page.

You might be interested in another add-on, skip the payments page

Edited by geoffreywalton

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Check the version of your shop. Is it 2.3.1?

Check you have followed the instructions in the read me.

What did you do?

Cheers

G

@@lucky4life

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

How much was the total monetary value of everything the basket?

What was the total weight of everything in the basket?

Cheers

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

• 1 month later...

I made this change:

This is what you have written:

// if the order contains only virtual products or the cart wt is zero and the cart total is zero as well,

// forward the customer to the billing page as a shipping address is not needed. - www.theukwaltons.co.uk

if ($order->content_type == 'virtual' || $total_weight == 0 && $cart->show_total() == 0) {

But should read

// if the order contains only virtual products or the cart wt is zero and the cart total is zero as well,

// forward the customer to the billing page as a shipping address is not needed. - www.theukwaltons.co.uk

if ($order->content_type == 'virtual' || $total_weight == 0 || $cart->show_total() == 0) {

However, it seems to skip the shipping page regardless of the weight i have a product that weighs 0.00 but my other products weigh something and they skip the shipping as well

Edited by jack_frost

I made this change:

This is what you have written:

if ($order->content_type == 'virtual' || $total_weight == 0 && $cart->show_total() == 0) {

But should read

if ($order->content_type == 'virtual' || $total_weight == 0 || $cart->show_total() == 0) {

However, it seems to skip the shipping page regardless of the weight i have a product that weighs 0.00 but my other products weigh something and they skip the shipping as well

Your code will skip shipping if all the products are virtual products or they all have total zero wt or the basket value is zero.

if ($order->content_type == 'virtual' || ($total_weight == 0 && $cart->show_total() == 0)) {

This will skip skipping if all the products are virtual or the basket wt is zero and the value is zero.

Nice catch.

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.