• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Add-on for not having to use html in product descriptions?

JustinS

Is there one?

About to start a huge project and would really speed things up if I didn't have to use line break <br> and bold <b> etc, so was just wondering if there was an add-on that gives me a description box... well.. kind of like this forums' reply boxes etc where I can just click a button if I need to bold/underline or whatever and enter makes a line break.

Thanks a lot.

Step 1

-------

Go to ckeditor.com and download the latest Editor Release

_______

Step 2.

-------

Unzip it all, then upload the ckeditor folder and all it's contents to your admin directory.

_______

Step 3.

-------

Amend /public_html/admin/includes/template_top.php

FIND THIS:

----------

<script language="javascript" src="includes/general.js"></script>

ADD AFTER IT:

-------------

<script type="text/javascript" src="ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script>

_______

Step 4.

-------

Amend /public_html/admin/categories.php

FIND THIS:

----------

tep_draw_textarea_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '15', (isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])));

CHANGE FOR

-----------

tep_draw_textarea_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '15', (isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])),' class="ckeditor"');

_______

Step 5.

-------

Upload it and refresh the category (prodcut adding/editing) page. You should see the newly installed Editor. Enjoy!

I found instructions, but the scripts I am supposed to search for are not in my template_top and categories.php.

It's all about doing 2 simple things

1) add the ckeditor script to your file admin/includes/template_top.php, you can do that just before the closing </head> tag

2) add class="ckeditor" to any text area element you want, like e.g. the textarea for product descriptions

Yea I finally figured it out. I got better instructions from another source after my last post last night right before I went to work lol.

I can't believe how simple it really was and how long it took me xD

Archived