• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Users can't login with reset passwords

etccomputerland

Hello - i have a strange problem randomly occuring with two of my clients websites. Randomly, customers who do a password reset cannot get their password to work. This is sporadic, but occurs frequently. Has anyone else had or heard of this issue and know of a fix?

Thanks!

I get this sometimes on my 2.2 sites - when a customer tells me I just log on as them using a master password and manually reset their password - then tell them what it has been reset to.

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

In addition to what heather said, have you ever had it happen to you? I haven't. Passwords are case sensitive.

0 i l L I 1 o O

Every character on the above line is different. Every character!

OScommerce passwords should be copied and pasted so no mistakes are made entering a new shop supplied password.

You can add text to this effect in the outgoing e-mail, but many will ignore it and you will have to reset them anyway.

Tim

I set up some debugging to email me each invalid logn attempt as well as copy me on all reset password emails. Sure enough someone who reset their password just a few moments ago can not login with the new password sent to them. I just tried logging in to their account and it does not work, even when I copy and paste it. This is a website that receives several hundred orders a day and has over 100,000 users. I thought perhaps it was an issue with duplicate account and there are 75 accounts that have the same email address on more than 1 account. It seems as if there may be an issue with the way passwords are being encrypted, but it so very odd that it randomly happens. I get about 1 customer per week who report this issue.

Archived