• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help to remove 'change address' options to reduce fraud

MaceBiz

Hi everyone, hoping someone can help with a few things. I have searched, but can't quite find what I am looking for, or the information is outdated.

I would like to:

1) Remove the 'change address' icon/option on the delivery and payment pages

2) Remove the 'edit' option from next to the delivery and billing addresses on the order confirmation page

3) Remove the PayPal checkout option from the guest shopping cart - forcing customers to log-in to access all payment options

I have already changed the maximum allowed addresses to 1 in the admin configuration and added a notice at sign-up explaining that the address provided will be used for both billing and shipping, forcing them to match.

This is my attempt to reduce fraud and make the page make sense (no point having option to change address if they can't).

Thanks,

Aaron

@@MaceBiz

In the admin area, you can choose how many addresses you can allow customers to have, change it to ONE. This will remove the edit option during checkout. A default installation of osCommerce does not have a guest checkout, so I assume you have a contribution installed. Check your admin area for an option to 'allow guest checkout'. If you have one of the better guest checkout contributions installed, you should be able to disable it from the admin area, if not. You will have to edit the checkout pages to remove it.

Chris

@@DunWeb

Thanks for the reply Chris. As I mentioned in the original post, I have set the maximum allowed addresses in the admin>configuration>maximum values to 1 already. This did not remove the edit options during checkout. Do you mean edit some of the admin files themselves?

It is a clean install of OSC 2.3.3. and if I don't log in, and simply add an item to the shopping cart, then there is automatically 2 button options, one to 'checkout' and the other to 'express checkout with PayPal'. This is what I mean by 'guests' being able to checkout. No add-ons.

Archived