• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I am screwed

LifeGivingFood

Hello to all. I am new to the forum but have been using OSCommerce for years. SUDDENLY, my site has a problem that I can't figure out and I have spent nearly 2 days googling and trying to find help, now I'm here. Using v. 2.3.1 on a shared linux server. Have installed a VERY few mods (master password, password reset and think that is all - has worked for so long that I don't remember what I installed or how to check it. I have looked at dates and can see files that are newer, obviously.

My problem: Site seems to run just fine till an existing customer tries to log in to their account. They get looped back to log-in page. If they attempt password reset, they get an email that says "EMAIL_PASSWORD_REMINDER_BODY" in the body of the email.

I re-created a fresh install and once I started to import the data from the back-up, I got this: http://mhidelivers.com/theshop/ (take a look)

I don't know where to begin to fix this. The tables are all empty so I'm lost.... as to why this is happening.

Update to 2.3.3 .(start with the update guide from 2.3.2 and then 2.3.3)

Sounds like corruption of database. Language is not selected at all.

If you have PHP knowledge, you will have to go through debugging the application_top.php. From memory, language selection is picked up from session information, otherwise, it tries to get it from browser.

And, from memory,. something is not quite right there. I have issues with language selection in admin interface. It sometimes decides to jump languages by itself.

If you are not familiar with PHP, then upgrading to 2.3 is a good option as suggested above.

Rudolf

Archived