• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Home Page font change

Rapserv

I have modified the CSS to change the unclear bold font used on the default homepage to something sharper and easier to read.

However, the font used within the "Manufacturers" drop down remains unchanged.

Can someone please advise which file I need to access to modify this font

thanks .... Dave

generally change of fonts is done in css... maybe in the class where select menu is present its still the default font..

its like say class name xyz

.xyz select

{

font-family: verdana, arial;

}

Use firebug tool..... that will tell exactly what style is rendered , which css file and line number.... and then open that file and change the font-family.... Simple :)

A man is great by Deeds, not by Birth....

In my case it was like this

.ui-widget input, .ui-widget select, .ui-widget textarea, .ui-widget button {

font-family: Lucida Grande,Lucida Sans,Arial,sans-serif;

font-size: 1em;

}

the css file was jquery-ui-1.8.22.css located in ext/jquery/ui/redmond/jquery-ui-1.8.22.css

A man is great by Deeds, not by Birth....

Keep in mind that your list needs to specify font(s) found on almost every machine out there. Windows installations have their set of installed fonts, Macs have their (different) set of installed fonts, and who knows what Linux boxen have. Most people never add additional fonts, so be careful about choosing something exotic that very few browsers will be able to show*. Often you will pick similar fonts, one from Windows (say, Arial), one from Mac (e.g., Helvetica, although that's not a good match for Arial). Always have a fallback generic font (e.g., sans-serif) that falls into the same general category and the browser should always be able to satisfy.

* investigate using the "@font-face" CSS command if you absolutely have to download a new font to visitors' machines.

Archived