• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I would like to modify the Packing Slip and Invoice.php files to add a disclaimer on both

Chris.Anderson

I've looked at the invoice.php in both the admin and admin/includes/languages/english folders, but not sure where to add a small blurb a the very bottom. I want it to just say something like "For refund and returns, please see our Refunds and Returns section on the website" or some such like that.

Where can I add it so that it is at the very bottom of the page on both the Packing Slip and the Invoice?

I've seen a lot of how to change the shop name, and that was easy nough for me, but this one's got me puzzled.

Thank you in advance.

Chris Anderson

Co-Founder

Leander Knives

@@Chris.Anderson

start by looking here:

admin/includes/languages/english/

i was able to get to the admin folder by the way. for security it's recommended you change the name of the folder to something else. but before you do you should read up on how to do that because if you don't do that properly you won't get access to your own admin side of the shop

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Thanks. That Admin dir has been fixed.

Your answer still didn't tell me where in the invoice.php I need to edit to add a blurb about our returns/Refund policy at the bottom of the invoice (and packing slip). Addign something to the language file won't put it at the bottom of the page. I don't want it just under the rest of eveything - i want it at the very bottom of the printed invoice/packing slip.

Chris Anderson

Co-Founder

Leander Knives

@@Chris.Anderson

Chris, I am not a pro and I am sure the professional coders would cringe at me telling you this, but if you look at the admin side of your shop,..../invoice.php that is where you can accomplish what you want.

Take a look toward the bottom of the page and that's where to look. If you are familiar with php coding concepts you'll see the construction of the page in code, so then toward the bottom there you could place html that would do what you want.

But you have to be careful, incorrect coding or incorrectly placed coding can really screw things up. So back up and preferably do test this out offline with a WAMP or such type progam.

so back up then have at it. Good luck.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Thanks for the info. I have done some PHP coding and a lot of HTML so I am not unfamiliar with it. I was looking for where - exactly (what line of code in a default invoice/packinglist) - to modify so I didn't screw the pooch. :) I can see where the Table ends, but wasn't sure if I could add what I needed there or not. The hard part is that I want it to always be at the very bottom of the page - not just right after all of the Invoice listings, tax and total. :)

Chris Anderson

Co-Founder

Leander Knives

Well the invoice and packing slip are not viewable by the public. So... you can play around with code placement until you find what works. Here is a link to something called sticky footer. It might do what you want or at least give you ideas of what to try instead.

http://www.cssstickyfooter.com/using-sticky-footer-code.html

Tim

Archived