• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Emails not sending to some email addresses from Admin

alicg

Confirmation order emails, as well as emails sent from Tools-Send Email in the Admin area and also the Store Contact Us form, are not arriving to some email addresses.

Version: osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.3

Server: Linux

Email Option settings:

email transport method: sendmail

email linefeeds; LF

Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails: False

Verify E-Mail Addresses Through DNS: False#

Send E-Mails: True

I have installed the email_test.php script found here:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1595

and sent emails to gmail and to @@Domain.com emails. The gmail emails are sent and arrive just fine but the ones to the @@Domain.com email never arrive. I have changed all the email option settings above, tried different settings and tested again but can't get emails sent to anything other than gmail addresses to work.

Order are coming into admin area ok but in the last 10 days, customers are not getting their confirmation emails. Emails sent directly to customers from the Tools area are not arriving, unless it's to a gmail address from what I can see. I tested the emails from the Contact Us page on the store and they are not arriving to any email address at all, including gmail.

This store has been up and running for about 3 months - the emails just suddenly stopped working. I am the only person who works in the back-end and I've made no recent changes to any files in the catalog etc.

Any help/advice greatly appreciated.

This is only to a specific domain or set of domains, rather to all recipients? Are you getting any bounce notices from this domain? If you are, they should provide a clue as to why they're being rejected, such as your server is on a spam blacklist. Have the recipients checked if the emails are in a spam/bulk/junk email folder? Have you asked your host if by any chance they're blocking outbound emails to this domain? Have you asked them if they're filtering out inbound bounce messages from other systems? I suppose it's possible that the other system is blocking your emails as spam, and your system is blocking the bounce messages as spam...

Is this happening at very low rates of email sending (i.e., you're not sending out a newsletter to hundreds or thousands of customers at once)? If it only happened when sending more than a dozen or so emails in a short time, I would suggest asking your host if they have email send rate caps (maximum mailings per minute, per hour, per day). Otherwise, all I can suggest is working with your host to see if someone is blocking these emails, or if they are malformed in some way that gmail doesn't mind, but more finicky systems might.

It is generally considered spam if you post the same question more than once!

I imagine this is the original thread

Always backup your files! You will be glad you did

My add-ons :

SSPP Seperate Shipping Per Product v2.5| Support
Gift vouchers for SPPC 4.22 v2.1 | Support |
Catalog Infobox v1.0 | Sorry no support for Catalog Infobox |
HTML Mail v2.0 | Support |

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Separate Pricing Per Product Qty |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

as far as this post is concerned you might want to edit the locations of your imgs so they dont show your admin folder! :thumbsup: Your site could easily be hacked by not changing your admin dir! :(

so what i said in the duplicate post was

first of all the addon you mention is for v2.2 not v2.3.3

E-Mail Testing Script

for osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2

see the line above!

with that being said are you sure it is not a problem on your server side?

are you sure that because you uploaded this script to a ver 2.3.3 shop when it was produced for a 2.2 shop that it didn't mess with the 2.3.3 settings?

have you set up the store_owners email address properly?

Always backup your files! You will be glad you did

My add-ons :

SSPP Seperate Shipping Per Product v2.5| Support
Gift vouchers for SPPC 4.22 v2.1 | Support |
Catalog Infobox v1.0 | Sorry no support for Catalog Infobox |
HTML Mail v2.0 | Support |

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Separate Pricing Per Product Qty |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

Thanks for your replies, the other post was actually the one I wanted to keep, not this one with the links I didn't mean to post here. My mistake. I will need to delete this post and will repost later after I try a few of your suggestions.

Archived