• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I am seeing a dot before every image

skaranam

I have a strange error. I am seeing a dot before every image. I haven't installed any add-ons. So, it is vanilla install. You can see this if you open this URL http://www.bestindianhair.com/?slug=product_info.php&products_id=39

I have a image slider on the home page and this slider also have the same issue. What could be the issue? Thanks in advance for your help.

line 1105 of your style.css sheet reads

.art-post ul li, .art-post ol ul li
{
background-image: url('images/postbullets.png');
background-repeat: no-repeat;
padding-left: 13px;
}

just take out the background-image and background-repeat lines

by the way i used cntrl + shift + i in firefox to select the element! :thumbsup: cheers!

Always backup your files! You will be glad you did

My add-ons :

SSPP Seperate Shipping Per Product v2.5| Support
Gift vouchers for SPPC 4.22 v2.1 | Support |
Catalog Infobox v1.0 | Sorry no support for Catalog Infobox |
HTML Mail v2.0 | Support |

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Separate Pricing Per Product Qty |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

I looked at that page on 4 different browsers and did not see any "dots". The only odd thing was what appears to be a list-item bullet (open circle, like "o") just to the upper left of the main product image. Is that what you're talking about? I tried to see where it was defined and whether I could get rid of it by adding list-style-type: none; to either the <ul> or <li> tags' style= attribute, but it didn't work for either. It's in the "padding" of the <li>, so it's got to be the list marker. I'm at a loss to explain why I couldn't get it to go away. Is this using someone's template, or is it absolutely stock osC? If the former, I would suggest going to the template author or seller to see if they have any ideas.

Add: Ah, I see Robert got to it first. I wonder why Firebug didn't show me that background image? And why is someone giving a post bullet as a background image? Anyway, that's probably it.

by the way is this a word press theme? :- yeh, like DunWeb says not a vanilla install (w00t)

Always backup your files! You will be glad you did

My add-ons :

SSPP Seperate Shipping Per Product v2.5| Support
Gift vouchers for SPPC 4.22 v2.1 | Support |
Catalog Infobox v1.0 | Sorry no support for Catalog Infobox |
HTML Mail v2.0 | Support |

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Separate Pricing Per Product Qty |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

Archived