• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Purpose for OSC - Student Sponsorship

senorcosta

I am working with a school in Haiti with 1,200 kids that is looking to raise enough funds to keep its doors open. We'd like to have a Student Sponsorship program where one can sponsor a child either monthly on a recurring basis or pay once for the whole year.

OSC seemes to be the right way to go about this. I have a test site at www.handsofhumanity.org/oscommerce/catalog

Time is of the essence so forgive me if the answers are obvious. I have looked at alot for answers.

I am trying to figure out in product attributes how to allow for that BUT would be happy even at just having a recurring payment. Yes, we have a PayPal account we can use.

Questions (I'm sure there will be more):

1. There obviously is no shipping....how do I bypass that and go from SPONSOR ME to checkout?

2. What is the best add on for easily changing the face of the website (index.php)?

3. What is the best add on for adding multiple pictures?

4. Is what I am proposing feasible without custom coding?

Thanks in advance for any help

@@senorcosta

1) If you don't enable any shipping, none will be offered to your customers

2) There is NO add on that makes it easy to change the site. There are some that make it modular but none that actually allow you to edit the site live.

3) osCommerce already allows for multiple pictures

4) Custom coding will be required for some of the functionality, including the sponsorship methods (one time, recurring, monthly)

Chris

@@senorcosta

1) If you don't enable any shipping, none will be offered to your customers

I dsiabled all shipping in shipping module but still get an option for CHECKOUT or Paypal. Checkout takes me to Delivery Information. How do I get rid of CHECKOUT and just leave PayPal ?

2) There is NO add on that makes it easy to change the site. There are some that make it modular but none that actually allow you to edit the site live.

I don't need to edit it live, just maybe add a photo and some verbage

3) osCommerce already allows for multiple pictures

YUP, I just realized. Rookie mistake

4) Custom coding will be required for some of the functionality, including the sponsorship methods (one time, recurring, monthly)

OK I

Chris

1. Skip shipping and/or payment pages

2. Modular Front Page

3. Use the "Add Large Image" to add as many extra images as you like.

4. You might need some custom coding for recurring payments.

Archived