• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

No database tables generated during installation

DesertCoder

Hello All!

I am trying to get osc installed on my server for testing, everything appears to go OK, but when I attemt to view the store, I get errors that specific database tables do not exist. In fact, NO database tables are created during the installation.

- I have verified the user is assigned to the DB (I'm on a dedicated cPanel server)

- I searched online and found responses in this forum offering SQL to paste into phpMyAdmin, and those tricks built 2 of the missing tables, but I'm still missing the rest of them

- I'm following the instruction PDF, from what it says, I copy only the 'catalog' folder to the server, which I did.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

DesertCoder

Hello All...

Okay, after poking around online, I found that I could import the oscommerce.sql file straight from the /catalog/install/ folder. The tip was suggested here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/391019-v213-does-not-create-tables-in-db/

This REALLY should be added to the installation docs, I understand that things don't always work 100%, but this is a crippling hurdle, one surely to steer people away from what may be a fantastic product.

I got it working now, will be back for more questions later on.

cheers,

DesertCoder

Archived