• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Website

johnleedesignz

I have a question and looking for some answers. I have done a mock up of an online store already. Is there a way that I can just use the shopping cart of osCommerce instead of the whole template that is there? I really do not want to use their template at all. Just the shopping cart part of it along with the shipping zones and taxes and stuff like that. Thanks.

No. osCommerce is a complete solution. What you want to do would compromise the security of the cart, so it's not really possible. I suggest that you put your content in osCommerce instead.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

As Jim said, you can't pick and choose pieces of osC. It's not designed to do that. If it's a matter of cosmetics, see what you can do with the CSS (via "themeroller" and/or editing .css files) to make osC 2.3.3 match your mockup's appearance. Otherwise, all you can do is use a simple checkout system like PayPal and drop in their HTML button code.

Considering how customizable osCommerce is when it comes to themeing, you can really make it look any way you want it to, while keeping the functionality of the core. I have several websites that I have done that look nothing even close to the pre-installed theme. If you are not proficient at installing a theme yourself, there are many freelancers or people out there who are and will be happy to install your theme to osC without compromising the store itself. Best of luck!

Archived