• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help Contacting osCommerce

jbculpepper

I'm trying to help a friend/client fix his online store. He is on osCommerce 2.2 and needs a complete facelift. To that end my thought was to first update the version so I'm working with the current feature set. The problem is I can't reach anyone at osCommerce to even ask the most simple questions about conversions, do I need a support package, how to I begin the process of upgrades etc. I've even written the head guy. While the website says it's not business it's personal, I have to think nobody there cares for my business and that does make it personal.

john

All support and help is done via the community forum. So if you have any questions you ask them here.

Make sure you have a descriptive title for your problem and a good description of what the problem is what you wish to change.

If you wish to update 2.2 to 2.3.

1. Check what version the shop is. (you can find that in includes/application_top.php)

2. Download all oscommerce versions after that and follow the upgrade install instruction in them one by one starting from the version right after the one your shop has.

OR

Install a brand new V2.3.3. install and import over customers/orders/products from the old shops db.

@@jbculpepper

There are many commercial support plans available if you google for them. Or you could pay for a support ticket on this site.

However, as Nick stated. This forum is your best resource available.

Chris

Thanks all for helping me understand this. I'm new to osCommerce and trying to help a friend/client. We are able to access the shop info but are on an old version (2.2). I now need to understand how to manage an upgrade which is the original purpose for my attempt to contact osCommerce. I'll dig around in this forum to see if I can find the instructions.

Again, thanks.

Archived