• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NOTICE: USPS is Updating Their APIs Jan. 27th, 2013-Test Servers Available Now.

bburgess7

Finally got the error message issue resolved! It was caused by the domestic Priority Mail options. We had deselected all of them except basic Priority Mail. However, we discovered if we selected all of the PM options, the shipping calculations work! The goofy thing is that despite selecting all of the PM options, only regular PM is shown to our customers. Regardless, it's fixed!!

We still can't get standard post to work. Have tried the change recommended by cnchal, but it did not make a difference. Any other ideas on the standard post option??

• 2 weeks later...

I am on oscommerce-2.2ms2

I have installed this

USPS Methods http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/487

but after installing I got this:

Warning: main(includes/classes/xml.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /oscommerce.v2.2/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 15
Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/classes/xml.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /oscommerce.v2.2/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 15

hi kizmark - you are missing xml.php in the includes/classes/ folder.

The USPS Methods that you installed does not come with those files.

Here are the first few lines from my USPS Methods file

=============================================

<?php

/*

$Id: usps.php 6.1 by Kevin L Shelton on September 7, 2011

+++++ Original contribution by Brad Waite and Fritz Clapp ++++

++++ Revisions and Modifications made by Greg Deeth, 2008 ++++

Copyright 2008 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

//VERSION: 5.2.1 ALPHA LAST UPDATED: January 23rd, 2011 by Fulluv Scents

*/

// Incorporate the XML conversion library

if (PHP_VERSION >= '5.0.0') { // PHP 5 does not need to use call-time pass by reference

require_once (DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'xml_5.php');

} else {

require_once (DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'xml.php');

}

=================================================

In the installation I have ( Methods 6.1a) xml.php and xml_5.php are included. Those files are on both the admin and catalog side.

kizmark

I will try to help, but please understand that I am not an expert, just someone that got caught offside when these terminology changes were made by USPS. I am using osCommerce 2.2 RC2a and I am not sure if 2.2 ms2 is different enough to cause a problem.

What PHP version is being used on your server?

Does the first part of your usps.php file look the same as the first few lines of mine in my post above?

Your error message is telling you that you are missing a required file, in your case xml.php, and that file needs to be in the correct folder which is includes/classes/xml.php on both sides, your catalog and admin

That file is available in "USPS Methods 6.1a complete" by tomalok, and you can find it by clicking on the history tab on the link you provided.

I just noticed a wrinkle in the naming of one of the two main usps modules.

USPS Methods Rates V4 Intl Rates V2 - 01-27-13 Update

I think this module is not a "methods" type as I understand this, and previously this module never had the "Methods" word in it. If someone knows more about this please correct me if I'm wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just installed these two new USPS .php files and am getting this on my site:

Can anyone tell me why that is? If I delete them, all is back, but I need the USPS shipping module installed and it's not working.

thank you in advance!

Warning: include(/home/content/s/u/z/suzgems/html/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/USPS_methods_utility.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/s/u/z/suzgems/html/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/content/s/u/z/suzgems/html/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/USPS_methods_utility.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/s/u/z/suzgems/html/admin/modules.php on line 128

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /home/content/s/u/z/suzgems/html/admin/includes/functions/database.php:13) in/home/content/s/u/z/suzgems/html/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 25Can

@@suzgems1

what shop version are you using and what usps modification are you working with? there are several.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

I went through USPS.php and changed all references of Parcel Post to Standard Post, Saved, removed and reinstalled the module, but I still don't see the standard post option. before the changes, I had a blank option that showed what was prob standard post price, but if selected it reverted to express mail and express price. What am I missing?

The Version is: 2.2-MS2

USPS Methods 61c

thank you!

Hello Suzanne, unfortunately I don't run that version of osC nor that USPS modification in any of my shops so won't be able to help sort that out. Hopefully a more experienced coder will recognize the errors you are asking about and can help.

Good luck

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/487

This is the link for the USPS Methods osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 module.

Click the history tab to see the previous versions.

Version 6.1c does not come with the xml files that are needed, but version "6.1a complete" by tomalok does.

Version 6.1c has the changes that lets the module work with the new USPS terminology changes, like for example Parcel Post to Standard Post.

I have tried changing my usps.php file to the one in 6.1c and it did not work. Just a staight swap, no uninstalling and then reinstalling. Since my module worked anyway, I did not investigate why.

suzgems - I use a different osCommerce version (RC2.2a) but you at least need xml5.php in the includes/classes/ folder on both the admin and store side.

Forestshopkeeper - have a look at the usps.php file in the Methods 6.1c and compare it with your usps.php file and look for differences.

I hope this helps you get closer to a solution.

• 2 months later...

Hey Everyone, I'm finally getting around to fixing my USPS First Class International Package shipping. I've tried every different variation of text I could find with no luck. Is there a consensus as to how to make the changes and where? The only text I believe is affected and that I've tried to change is this...

'First-Class Mail Int Package' => 'First-Class Mail regimark International Parcel**',

Is there more?

Thanks,

Jason