• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Session ID has been indexed on google

ai12

Hi All,

One of my oscommerce sites has SEO Urls installed but prevent spider sessions was set to false :x ! Subsequently my site has now been indexed on google with the session ids. I have set prevent spider sessions to true and installed the Sam's Remove & Prevent duplicate content with the canonical tag addon. Now my pages show the canonical tag at the top, are there any further actions I need to take to get these pages off google? Or will it just be a case of waiting for google to crawl my website again and wait for them to drop off.

Thanks.

@@ai12

Submit a new site map to google so it will indexed sooner. Also, if your site was set up correctly, then there would never have been an OSCID for google to index.

Chris

If you have "Recreate session" set to true in your admin it should be a non-issue, as far as customer security is concerned.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Thanks for the replies. I have also added URL parameter excludes to google webmaster tools so hopefully the session ids should drop of google soon.

Is it not possible to resolve this issue using a 301 redirect in a .htaccess file as well ?

Archived