• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Orders nopt being recorded or emailed?

toyzonline

I have today discovered that my website although appears to be working correctly to the naked eye has some errors. A customer has signed up for an account and placed an order and paid etc as required.

However I was not alerted to this as OSC is set to do. I was unaware that a customer has signed up, and more worryingly not made aware that an order had been placed. When this has been alerted to me I have checked the Admin and the customers account is visable but no orders.

I have checked through paypal etc and the order was placed and the customer has recieved a confirmation email from my OSC site confirming the order.

Really don't know where to start but really need some help correcting this.

Cheers in Advance

Ricardo

Complete Newbie On The Learn - Not A Programmer

But Learning As I Go

First you should look in your admin configuration my store and add and email address into send extra order email to. You should now be sent an email copy of the order confirmation email that is sent to the customer.

Next log in to your paypal account profile and in the my selling preferences make sure you have a return url to your checkout_process.php page. Now when a customer returns to your website after making a ayment the order should be recorded.

Next check in the paypal payment module you are using that everything is set up correctly. ie make sure it is not set to sandbox and ensure it is set to sale and not authorisation in the transaction method box.

You should have received an email from Paypal saying that you received a payment from who ever. If you didnt, you really should check all your paypal settings to ensure that this is setup correctly.

There are addons available that will send the order details to Paypal. They are in the addons section.

I hope this helps a bit.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Cheers Steve that obviously helps in the intrim. However surely the order not even showing in the Admin>Orders section accounts for a certain error?

Complete Newbie On The Learn - Not A Programmer

But Learning As I Go

Archived