• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem with Shopping Cart

jack_frost

Hi to all my fellow OScommerce'ers!

I have two problems with my shopping cart.

1; If i mark a product as out-of-stock, it is not removed from a costumers shopping cart, so even though the item is not available on the webshop, if a costumer added it to his/her cart before it became out of stock, she/he can still order it (Anoying)

2; If a costumers wishes to delete a prodcut from his/her shopping cart, and the item is no longer in stock, she/he can not delete it. It simple doesnt dissapear when pressing update.

All other items can be deleted with no problem.

This is two very serious problems. If i fix the first problem then the second will be removed with it. However i have no idea where i should look.

Help is VERY much appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards.

- Jack

I can recreate #1 (allow checkout has to be true in admin to allow recreation) but cannot recreate #2.

How are you marking products "out of stock"?

Can you show what your setting are at admin > configuration > stock

Are you using a commercial website template?

Have you added any add-ons that could have affected this area of osCommerce?

What version of osCommerce are you using?

Hi!

I have made SO MANY add ons! - and some are not very good, one of them is a v.2.2 Quantity Attribute addon which i suspect is the reason to Prob. no 2.

I have tried all combinations in Admin -> Conf -> Stock

Right now i have False - False - False - Because i have a Physical shop as well, and manually add and delete stock when it is out of stock.

So i only use the Red and Green knobs in the admin section. and of course the Quantity on the specific Attribute (either 1000 or 0)

No template is installed, i have manually adjusted the layout. and are running v. 2.3.1

If no one has a solution to the first (and thereby second) problem, i have a solution idea.

Anyone know if theres a way to disable permanent shopping cart - so that the shopping cart resets (empties) after each session?

Best Regards.

Jack

I have commented out the:

// restore cart contents

// $cart->restore_contents();

in the Login.php, seems to be working. any downside to this? (apart from the obvious inconvience for the costumer to have to remake the shopping cart)

Archived