Jump to content
  • Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

upgrading to 2.3.3 through simplescripts


dsmdude

Recommended Posts

I upgraded from 2.3.1 to 2.3.3 through hostmonsters simplscripts. It seems that it knew to upgrade to 2.3.2 then to 2.3.3. there was an issue with logging in. I googled how to fix that issue and I learned that I needed to run an sql query. logging in works now. everything on the site looks good until I try to checkout. it instantly comes up with an error like the page does not exist or there is some programming error through internet explorer. with firefox it goes to a blank page.

 

Is there anything that the simplescripts upgrade would not do that I need to do?

 

 

Please help.

 

www.dsmpartsonline.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not familiar with that program but programs such as that usually only work for basic shops. If you had addons installed, it may have broke your code. But since it is a program specific to your host, you will need to ask them about it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@@dsmdude

 

 

Yep, you have some 'whitespace' in either the checkout_shipping.php, checkout_process.php, checkout_payment.php or checkout_confirmation.php..........OR all of them.

 

You will need to check your files and remove the 'whitespace' to correct the problem.

 

 

 

Chris

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@@dsmdude

 

Since you have a very basic site, I suggest downloading v2.3.3 from this site and installing it on your server, then just integrate the database. It is not usually a good idea to use a simple script on osCommerce.

 

One of the files I mentioned, or even perhaps the checkout_process.php, template_top.php, application_top.php or any other file that is called during the checkout has whitespace.

 

 

 

Chris

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I figured out what the whole problem was after uploading 2.3.3 files from the full package.

 

it had nothing to do with problems with the files, it was a conflict with the usps shipping module. I removed the usps shipping module, and everything worked as it should. I then re-installed the shipping module and it all works fine now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...