• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is there a way to make the my store not display products with a stock level < "0"?

Weekend_warrior1999

In your admin area go to configuration - stock and set Check stock level to true, set subtract stock to true and set allow checkout to false.

Now when someone purchases your last item it should not show in your store because the product will automatically get marked as out of stock. To test this look at the product by getting to the product list in admin categories and the product status should show as non active.

Changing the green button to red on any product will remove the product from showing in the store, but will keep the details in the database. When the product stock arrives just change the sock levels in the product admin page and change the red button to green by clicking the green button.

I hope this makes sense.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

I have both already set to false, along with allow checkout set to false. But it still allows the user to see the product, even put it in the cart, but when they attempt to checkout it notifies them that they have certain items in their cart that are out of stock and need to be removed before they can complete checkout... I would rather it just disable the product as the stock runs out.

Well I think I know whats been going on. When I load my products in from a datafeed some of them are already 0, seeing how they are already out of stock the system never runs through it functions to deactive them upon being out of stock. but if I manually set all products_status to 0 using

UPDATE products SET product_status='0' WHERE product_quantity='0';

Using phpMYadmin. Doing this, all out of stock items are now no longer showing.

Archived