• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

v2.1.3 does not create tables in DB

bodomic

Hello,

So today is my first day with osCommerce and it fails to pleasure me right from installation.

The problem is the same as in http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/377197-1146-table-ecommerceconfiguration-doesnt-exist/, though in that topic it is not dealt with but somehow fixed by huge sql query.

So, the story is that database is empty after installation process. I'm pretty sure that all requisites for DB access are correct, because I'm using them to put SQL from above topic and 'configuration' table is created successfully.

After that, I'm getting 'Table 'shop.sessions' doesn't exist' because database is empty except from manually created 'configuration' table.

Please advise.

My setup is VPS with Debian 6.0.6 (Squeeze).

MySQL is

# mysqld -V

mysqld Ver 5.5.28-29.2 for Linux on x86_64 (Percona Server (GPL), Release 29.2)

osCommerce is 2.3.3 (latest stable)

@@bodomic

If your database fails to import during the installation process, use PHPMYADMIN in your hosting control panel to import the SQL file located in the /install directory of the v2.3.3 download.

Chris

Thanks Chris, great minds think alike - I've just found the file myself :D

I think this should be stated in installation interface and documentation in huge bold letters, this is quite non-obvious.

Thanks again.

@@bodomic

Actually, in most cases the database does import correctly using the installer. But for some reason, it doesn't work 100%. Perhaps a troubleshooting guide might be useful. :thought_balloon:

Chris

Archived