• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

product/model dont show on payment

Hello, whenever I receive an order it is for the dollar amount only. It does not tell me what was purchased? I can log onto my paypal account and it only gives the dollar amount, not the name of what was purchased.

All of my products have a model number (though I elect not to show it on the product page) but even that does not show up.

I have to go into the admin to look up the buyers name, then find out what they purchased. I am running v2.3

Surely this was not made this way? Can anyone offer any idea(s)? ~ TIA

@@redneckcw

You should be logging into your osCommerce store to check orders, NOT your PayPal account. PayPay doesn't care what the product is/was, they only collect the value of the product. You can use alternative PayPal modules to receive detailed information about the orders or, enable API credentials. Check the PayPal support forum for more information.

Chris

Further to what Chris has mentioned, there are addons available to pass the order details to paypal. Search the addons area for them. It is always best to use the store admin to see what was ordered on each order, and that is why oscommerce has an order and packing slip available.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

@@redneckcw

>>You should be logging into your osCommerce store to check orders, NOT your PayPal account.

I did....I did NOT log into paypal to check the order. I knew I had the order via IPN

>You can use alternative PayPal modules to receive detailed information about the orders or, enable API credentials.

I do/did/have/am...

>Check the PayPal support forum for more information.

Thank you but I dont believe this is a paypal issue. I believe my order info (even sent to paypal) should be telling me what was purchased instead of just "you received $$$ from...."

Thank you

Chris

It is always best to use the store admin to see what was ordered on each order, and that is why oscommerce has an order and packing slip available.

Thats what I have to do. Thank you

Archived