• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Local OSCommerce install - how to set file permissions

ICSConnect

Hi all,

First of i want to say thanks to OSCommerce for creating this wonderful software to work with.

I'm having an issue setting the file permissions on my local machine.

I am using MySQL server.

Whenever i try to access the catalog folder with the path "localhost/catalog/" i get a HTTP 500 Internal server error.

I did google alot and i see people speaking about ftp programs and what not but i'm not using an ftp program so i'm not sure how to change the permissions on the files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Matt

You're question isn't clear to me. If you are talking about a setup on your computer, then you just use whatever your computer uses, like read-only for Windows. If you are talking about connecting to the database on a server, the host setting should be whatever that server requires, like localhost.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Well i am using IIS on my computer and all i am trying to do is view the .php files that come with OS Commerce so i can edit them on my pc before uploading them to the server.

I have all the other configurations setup correctly as far as i know.

I am just struggling to access .php files as i can view .html files when i type localhost into my web browser without a glitch.

As said above, i encounter the HTTP Error 500 when i type "localhost/catalog" into the address bar.

Well i am using IIS on my computer and all i am trying to do is view the .php files that come with OS Commerce so i can edit them on my pc before uploading them to the server.

I have all the other configurations setup correctly as far as i know.

I am just struggling to access .php files as i can view .html files when i type localhost into my web browser without a glitch.

As said above, i encounter the HTTP Error 500 when i type "localhost/catalog" into the address bar.

If you just want to edit the files, then use a php editor as Chris mentioned. If you want to view the files as if they are on a website on your computer, then you should install one of the php packages to do that, like wampserver, xampp and easyphp. I haven't tried it with IIS so there may be a way to get that to work with php but it is best, in my opinion, to use a package designed for the job.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived