• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

oscommerce 2.2 1064 error

austenn01

Hello,

I have just been hired to help out with a web shop that has been running for many many many years without ANY proper maintenance or updating etc.

I am trying to run a simple backup via backup manager in back end of OsCommerce 2.2. I get the following error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-08-08' at line 1 show fields from products_attributes_seb13-08-08

(before I got this error, i kept getting timeout errors, so i chnaged the timeout from 30 to 500, and then I got the error above)

The backup manager did create a backup file on each attempt, but it never compelted. The size of the last non completed backup file is around 700mb.

Can anyone please assist.....at the very basic level I need to be able to run this backup and get a valid backup file.

Thanks,

John

That script will almost never work on any database over 5-10 MB unless the site is on a VPS or dedicated server, and only then if the server settings are large enough to allow it. You need to do the backup through the control panel. It may not even work then due to its size. In that case, you will need to use the shell to download it.

Before you try that though, I would try cleaning it up first. If the site has been around that long and not had maintenance, then the customer basket and session tables are probably very large. They can be truncated and an optimize ran on the database so reduce its size.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived