• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Per Order Shipping

DaveS

Hi Folks,

I've searched until my eyes are burning, but I can't seem to find any information on a simple shipping method that I want to use. Per order shipping is how we do it and we only use the US Mail. No matter what the cost of your order, shipping is 5 dollars for Domestic Ground and 8 dollars for Domestic Priority Mail. We don't offer overnight shipping. We also want to include 15 dollars for International Priority and 40 dollars for Global Express.

So if you are having an order shipped to the US (where we are) you'd get the two options - one for Standard and one for Priority. If you are outside the US, you get the Standard, International Priority and Global Express. We don't want to link to the USPS server or any of that. It's really simple - we just need to be able to change the shipping prices occasionally.

Does anyone know of a configurable module that will give us this option?

Thank you very much in advance!

Dave

No but it can be done fairly easily.

You need to set up 2 zones. 1 for the US and another for the rest of the world.

Then you can set up a flat rate shipping method on valid for the us and a zones shipping method only valid for the ROW.

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Dave

No but it can be done fairly easily.

You need to set up 2 zones. 1 for the US and another for the rest of the world.

Then you can set up a flat rate shipping method on valid for the us and a zones shipping method only valid for the ROW.

HTH

G

Hi Geoffrey,

Thank you for your reply. That sounds like an easy solution. Is it possible to set up several shipping rates for each zone? I'd need to have standard and priority shipping for each zone, plus the global express for the non-US zone.

Thanks again!

You could "duplicate" the 2 modules but you would need to edit the code to mke the class names unique in the copy modules.

I'll PM you a link to a commecially available solution.

HTH

G

@@DaveS

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

When editing the zones in the shipping modules you can only select zones already set up under localisation.

If you need shipping for more more than 2 zones you have to edit the number in the code in

/includes/modules/shipping/zones.php

HTH

G

@@DaveS

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.