• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin interfaces, what are you using please?

UncleSteve

I've had my install of OSC running for almost ten years without any real bad issues, however with web hosts wanting to upgrade their servers with new versions of php etc, its now time to do a complete new/virgin install with the latest version of OSC (This will help clean out reduntant files/lines of code).

I've done many changes to my existing OSC install, with loads of instalations of various contributions. Unfortunately I never kept a list of them, however I think I've now got a list of all the ones I eventually ran with (tried many, not all were suitable) for my new installation.

Clearly ten years is a very long time software wise, and on that basis I've become aware that there are a number of third party admin interfaces that link to my install of OSC via the database. These I'm hoping will already have built in to them the modifications I carried out to my admin pages. Therefore I'm wondering what other people are using please.

Let me tell you about my store system.

• I supply *some* goods on a drop ship basis from multiple suppliers.
  • I supply *some* goods direct from my stock/warehouse, or a combination of the two.
  • Shipping charges are based on total products purchased, rather than separate shipping costs per supplier (An order can have products from multiple suppliers).
  • Most products are ordered via the customers purchase, however stock for the warehouse is also purchased via a customer account which makes the stock count on the system meaningless.
  • I have several customer groups to supply products at different prices (ie trade, retail).

Hopefully you've read this far, so won't bore you any further, and look forward to reading your comments.

Thanks in advance :)

I've upgraded site from 2004 by comparing files and cleaning out bits and pieces I know I don't use anymore.

However on the admin side, I have not made a clean start and just went and updated the core files without bothering to implement the template side of things. I do have sparxadmin as a skin with some customizations to get to quickadd/categories/heldorders/orders/printorders through shortcuts.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

@@bruyndoncx

I have considered your idea before, however I've done soooo many modifications and tried many contributions that have not worked etc. its going to be easier to start again. Some of the contributions I had tried put huge amounts of server load on the server I very nearly had my site pulled. In those cases I had to get a professional to sort out where the excess loads were coming from and correct them.

I think using a third party interface may save me a bit of grief by having a ready made solution on top of a sound system.