• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Download controller instead of super download?

attom1

Just wondering if download controller add on is still a valid add on for 2.3 for a simple buy and download a document store? The setup looks simpler than super download which I know has download controller at its foundation and is an improvement, but as mine is a simple shop I don't really need all the extra features anyway.

Just wondering..

If your needs are "simple" you don't even need the downloads controller add-on. OSC 2.3+ already have built in the option of setting at which order status downloads should be available for.

You can choose if downloads should be available for each individual status.

So lets say you use PayPal as you payment method, and you have set it so that a successful order gets the status of "Processing" , if you then have set the status "Processing" to allow downloads that customer can access his/hers download immediately after a successful order/payment.

IF on the other hand you wish to manually" check and approve each sale you would set "Processing" to not allow downloads and have a new status something like "Download Available" with downloads access enabled, Then the customer could only access their downloads after you have manually set the order to a status of "Downloads Available".

Manually checking is what I want to avoid.

My default orders status is processing, whilst paypal transactions and payment complete are also set to enable downloads. You're saying that with above settings my downloads will be available at the end of checkout because I have 2.3 and other comments I have seen about having to change the staus manually from pending to delivered each time must be from older versions?

If this is accurate I will be super happy - is it? Or are you saying theres some coding to be done to set it up ie.

and you have set it so that a successful order gets the status of "Processing" , if you then have set the status "Processing" to allow downloads that customer can access his/hers download immediately after a successful order/payment.

Thanks

Archived