• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

customer cannot leave a review of purchased product

jeffhugh

Hi.

My client's store <http://www.beyondbonnersferry.com/shop/> is set up and running without too many problems except that after a customer purchases an item, they then will login to their account and click on the link, "My Orders, View the orders I have made". Next they can see a link that says "view" over on the right side. They click on it and it shows the product that was purchased. BUT, this is not an active link so they can't click on it and then leave a review. Not sure why this is happening or if this is just the way the store works. And if the latter, then how does the customer leave a review of a purchased product?

Thanks

Jeff

The product name displayed is not a link, but this can be done easily, by modifying files account_history.php and/or account_history_info.php depending on where you want the link to appear

You could also create a link or button that would go directly to the page to write a review (products_review_write.php)

You have the products_id available ( $order->products[$i]['id'] ), so you can use it for anything you want

Hi George.

First off, thanks for the quick reply. Next, I'm certainly not the best at php but at least you gave me the files to take a look at. I will look and see if I can modify one of them so that it is easy for the customer to leave a review for what they bought.

Thank you and I may be back for more info. Or hopefully, just to say thanks. Again.

Jeff

George.

Hi again. So, I looked at the two files account_history.php and account_history_info.php As I said, I am not very good at php. Which line would I be modifying to make the product linkable in either of these files?

Thanks.

Jeff

Archived