• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Site may have been hacked, need your help

suscrofa

I expanded an existing website several years ago, and with your help, was able to tailor the stores to our needs. The stores worked well for several years until this summer. Hack#1 redirected orders to a new e-mail. Only two orders were involved, and the hacker did not get cc info. Hack#2 Our whole site was deleted. It was restored by our server and worked well for a couple months. Potential hack#3 The payment module is missing and osc will not let me install it again.

I have tried copying and pasting files forcheckout_payment.php from older copies and another working store, to no effect. I have also tried replacing the whole store with older versions, but that just brought up error messages.

I askedm the server to restore our site a number of times, but that also did nothing. The Farm Store is the store that won't work. In addition to not collecting payment data, it can go all the way to confirmation. We get the order, just not payment info.

Short of recreating the store in a fresh copy, is there anything I can do? Thank you for your help.

Lark Burnham, naturs-way.com

@@suscrofa

The farm store is a MESS. It has poor coding and incorrect code edits. Since it is a very basic store, I suggest creating a new store with v2.3.3 and then integrate your current database into it. Very simple to do.

If you are hell bent on trying to save that store, I suggest you fix the code errors and broken tables as well as install a payment method. You state above you have tried to install a payment method but didn't mention which one, however you did make reference to credit card information.....if you are collecting credit card information from that osCommerce installation.......you would be breaking the laws of KS. Check PCI DSS Compliance laws for your state before attempting to collect payments on that website unless you are using an online payment processor.

Chris

Archived