• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Plugin for allowing customer to set number of products to show (small error help)

vampirehunter

I was wondering if any of you guys have installed this plugin?

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7219

Its adding a dropdown box where you can select how many products to show on the page, ie 10,20,30 etc

ive got it working to show the boxes.

but as soon as you select one of the options and it does the auto submit, it simply goes back to the index.php page.

it doesn't seem to pass the current page URL value along with the value of the dropdown box?

only the value of the dropdown box is being submitted.

if anyone has any ideas on why the current page is not being passed, please let me know. thanks

if (tep_not_null($parameters) && (substr($parameters, -1) != '&')) $parameters .= '&';
/* Customer Selected listing size */
// if your MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS = 10
// Drop down menu will be :
// 10
// 20
// 30
// 40
// 50
 $ppp_list = array();
 for ($i = 1; $i <= 5; $i += 1) {
   $ppp = intval($i * MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS);
   $ppp_list[] = array('id' => $ppp, 'text' => $ppp);
 }
// Show Drop down menu in split_page_link :
// (You can move this part where ever you inside $display_links_string ) here it's a the very begining.
 $display_links_string .= TEXT_PPP . tep_draw_form('prod_per_page', tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), $parameters), 'get'). tep_draw_pull_down_menu('ppp', $ppp_list, $products_per_search_page, 'class="smallText" onchange="this.form.submit()"') ;
 $ignore = array('page', 'ppp');
 if (is_array($HTTP_GET_VARS) && (sizeof($HTTP_GET_VARS) > 0)) {
   reset($HTTP_GET_VARS);
   while (list($key, $value) = each($HTTP_GET_VARS)) {
  if ( (strlen($value) > 0) && ($key != tep_session_name()) && (!in_array($key, $ignore)) ) {
    $display_links_string .= tep_draw_hidden_field($key, $value);
  }
   }
 }
    $display_links_string .= tep_hide_session_id() . '</form>';
/* Customer Selected listing size */

bump up

still dont know why the page URL is not being passed in the form,even though i can see the url if i view the pages HTML output

the cpath is not being passed, meaning the dropdown cannot work properly.

if anybody knows, feel free to share any info.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi

Here's something you could try:

Look at the HTML source of your product page and fine the point where this code is displayed/written

$display_links_string .= TEXT_PPP . tep_draw_form('prod_per_page', tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), $parameters), 'get'). tep_draw_pull_down_menu('ppp', $ppp_list, $products_per_search_page, 'class="smallText" onchange="this.form.submit()"') ;

He should be writing out an HTML form tag something like:

<form action="product_info.php?products_id=999>

If the action field has not got product_info in it then try changing the line of code to

$display_links_string .= TEXT_PPP . tep_draw_form('prod_per_page', tep_href_link('product_info.php', $parameters), 'get'). tep_draw_pull_down_menu('ppp', $ppp_list, $products_per_search_page, 'class="smallText" onchange="this.form.submit()"') ;

If the HTML looks OK then the chances are that there's something else tripping over and redirecting - grab Firefox and HTTPFox and follow what goes where.

Archived