• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need to Edit Decription links on Index page

gunny

I have looked to no avail....need to be able to edit the item descriptions ( just the text ) under each pic. I've checked every relevant file and cannot find anything. I was able to easily edit the Categories links but can find nothing on how to simply edit the description under each pic on the main page in the main content area. BTW. I've spent almost two full days checking as much as I can....any help would be appreciated. Version RC2a.

@@gunny

A default installation of osCommerce does NOT have a brief description under the product image, just the product name. So, if your site has a brief product description, I suggest looking at the products_new.php file and/ or the products_listing.php file for the modified code.

Chris

I'm actually refering to the text link that takes you to the product info.......the text links I'm refering to are under each thumbnail under the 'What's New Here' Heading in the main content area...I should have been much clearer. ty

@@gunny

The text under the image SHOULD be only the Item name, not a short description. It sounds to me like you may be using a commercial template, in which case you would have to contact the template supplier for support.

Chris

Archived