• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Local Music Group Website

Web-Source 5

This site is entirely created with osCommerce 2.3.

The site is divided into several sections - Products - Post - and Pages. The homepage is actually a category page that has been converted to an information page and with help of the osCtemplate system, the cPath is pulled and loaded. Product, Post, Page, or their respective categories all load with help of an entry_type identifier column added to the product and category tables.

This was done for a start up band trying to give their fans another outlet, besides iTunes, to purchase hard copies of their music CD as well as other swag.

http://justthemboyz.com

Gary

Really very nice indeed. I am a "formulate an opinion of a shop in 10 seconds or less" kind of guy. If I like it, I look around, if I don't "bye bye". I looked around.

With .js off, I would like to see a message telling me that the site might be more interesting with .js on => https://github.com/gburton/oscommerce2/commit/75552e2adc2deff43d87d5fa5901f3f957fadd2c is my implementation of such.

Gary

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

This site is entirely created with osCommerce 2.3.

The site is divided into several sections - Products - Post - and Pages. The homepage is actually a category page that has been converted to an information page and with help of the osCtemplate system, the cPath is pulled and loaded. Product, Post, Page, or their respective categories all load with help of an entry_type identifier column added to the product and category tables.

This was done for a start up band trying to give their fans another outlet, besides iTunes, to purchase hard copies of their music CD as well as other swag.

http://justthemboyz.com

Very nice design and logo. How do you get all of this design done? Do you just pay or you create all of these? I mean the art design.

Very nice design and logo. How do you get all of this design done? Do you just pay or you create all of these? I mean the art design.

I created the logo, and some of the art. Funny thing, that site originally started as a WordPress with a free theme of the month from Evanto's Theme Forest. When they needed an outlet to sell albums, I scraped the WP and wound up modifing the theme design a bit.

Some themes I create totally from scratch, some I buy or psd a theme from a market place and convert it to fit osCommerce. It takes longer to build from scrath, but either way they take on a life of their own that matches whats being presented.

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

I created the logo, and some of the art. Funny thing, that site originally started as a WordPress with a free theme of the month from Evanto's Theme Forest. When they needed an outlet to sell albums, I scraped the WP and wound up modifing the theme design a bit.

Some themes I create totally from scratch, some I buy or psd a theme from a market place and convert it to fit osCommerce. It takes longer to build from scrath, but either way they take on a life of their own that matches whats being presented.

very nice! :)

So basically you start from a free template then you modify it to make it look better. :)

Not always, just for that particular site I started with a free WordPress theme, which was ok in itself, but in the end a lot was changed. I added the gold color and smoke backgrounds. It was actually a pretty simple theme and seemed to fit the look of some of their previous album work.

Themeforest has a lot of nice looking templates for good prices and they give away 1 free template a month. They have a few osCommerce themes, but Buyer Beware, they may look and seem to function great, but view the source and see that many call various CDN's without distinguishing HTTPS links, which are going to be a must have if running an SSL site. No real big deal to change though.

But the other downfall I'm seeing is a lot of bloat, tons of scripts thrown in where it just isnt necessary. The designs are great, its just that they were put in place by someone who knows HTML and design, not necessarilyE-commerce.

If purchasing a design from there I recommend finding a HTML template, and then finding a method of placing that into your osCommerce site.

I have a couple of other post in this section that show Kremya, a site built with an existing HTML template I converted for osCommerce and mobile. (Or maybe I converted osCommerce for it) and Healthy-Crops, a site built from scratch.

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Posted · Hidden by burt, June 7, 2013 - wrong thread
Hidden by burt, June 7, 2013 - wrong thread

I guess there is one module missing from the package, I just have ran out of time right now, but an order summary for the current order_id.

My thoughts are that it should have:

The order quantity and price with totals, taxes, etc; and a button link that creates a popup modal for printing purposes. I think it would give it a nice polish.

@@burt

I really like the previous orders module write review function. This is actually something that comes up quite a bit with some shops I work with. They want fresh content, and what better way to get it than presenting a returning customer with a chance to write a review while already being logged in; and apparantly happy with the store as they are making a return purchase. Briliant.

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Posted · Hidden by burt, June 7, 2013 - wrong thread
Hidden by burt, June 7, 2013 - wrong thread

WHAOOOOOOO... How in the heck did I do this? Totally wrong thread, suppossed to be in the checkout success thread. Not enough coffee ~ or maybe time for something stout

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Archived