• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Orders Status Enquiry

britchops

I have 5 orders statuses in my site: Pending, Processing, Delivered, PayPal [Transactions] and Cancelled. Now I only use my store for PayPal transactions which then lead back to allow customers to download my course. Do I need Pending, Processing and Delivered for such a simple site? Seems to me Paypal and Cancelled are all I need?? Everything is digital download based.

What do you guys think?

Cheers

TJ

@@britchops

All you need is PayPal Complete and Cancelled really but you may want to consider installing Super Download Store as the default download controller isn't very reliable.

Chris

Thanks Chris as always, top advice. I'll look into the Super Download Store. It looks pretty difficult to install, if I don't go for it will I have constant trouble with the download feature??

Cheers

Tim

PS I'll also look into improving the template for the site to give more professional look when i can afford it!!

Super download store will allow for immeadiate downloads of the products once payment has been made. At present i think you have to manually change the order status once you see a payment has been made. As your store has not been changed much, you could just overwrite the supplied files with yours and then make the extra changes. 10 - 15 minutes work, will save you so much time in the future, and will give your customers a better experience when shopping on your site.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Archived