• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I Need Help, Rookie! Tweeking after New Update

Designroot

I just did the update for eCommerce, I did it through GoDaddy, after the update there were only a few changes but this one has got me, I know it's probably a simple fix but I've tried everything.

All I need to do is place the modules boxes, search and so forth to the right side of the page, the internal administration panel right left options arent helping at all, they are all staying at the bottom of the page?

@@Designroot

Godaddy does not offer 'one click' updates from previous versions of osCommerce so I am not sure what you did. In a default installation, box positions and sorting is done from the admin area under modules>> boxes.

Chris

Chris,

The update did take affect, it also reflected positively inside the Oscommerce Admin Panel, as far as the modules/Boxes Go the default settings are not affecting the position, right/ Left make no difference other than moving around my main content shifting it from right to left and everything remains at the bottom of the page, you can see it in the attached image,

post-317045-0-95872200-1350760770_thumb.png

@@Designroot

What did you update from and what did you update too? You are using a commercial template so your code is not standard. I would tender to guess the left column has been removed from the code, thus not allowing you to assign boxes to the left side of the site. I suggest seeking support from the template creator.

Chris

@@Designroot

I know it's probably something so simple.

Ummmmm, nope it's not. Adding commercial templates is NOT an easy task and quite often requires an intermediate PHP skill level to accomplish.

Chris

Archived