• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Mark all items "out of stock" at once

webosco

Hi,

Is it possible to mark all the items in the store "out of stock" with the push of a button? It is very tedious to mark every single item one by one.

Also, when I mark an item "out of stock" it is hidden automatically. I don't want this. I want the out of stock items to stay but say "out of stock" (like in Amazon). Is this possible?

I am not sure which osCommerce version I am working on but it says "Copyright © 2003 osCommerce" in the footer.

Thank you.

Hi Chris,

I figured that my version is "osCommerce 2.2-MS2" from the "admin/includes/application_top.php" file. Is this a very old version? Do you think it would be better to upgrade it to the latest version? Is the upgrade process too complicated?

Thanks.

Hi Chris,

I figured that my version is "osCommerce 2.2-MS2" from the "admin/includes/application_top.php" file. Is this a very old version? Do you think it would be better to upgrade it to the latest version? Is the upgrade process too complicated?

Thanks.

2.2ms2 is 9 years out of date - it was released December 2003. Depending on the theme and what addons you want to retain, the upgrade can take anywhere between 10 minutes and 10 days (for a developer). The latest one I did went from 2.2rc2a (released January 2008) to 2.3.3 and that took 4 days.

If you can afford the expense (either money, or your time if you do it yourself), then you should upgrade.

Your original question can be answered by a simple SQL command;

update products set products_status = '0'

Archived