• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

After upgrade from 2.3.2 to 2.3.3 some items no longer work?

bigbob2

I have purchased an OSC template through template monster, but unfortunately it was based around 2.3.1, so I upgraded manually to 2.3.2 then to 2.3.3. Now there are a couple of things that don't seem to work. I realize that this is probably because the template I was using was modified, but if you could point me to where to look for the problem, I can start un-installing some code and see where things broke.

Issue 1: In admin, the boxes down the left side used to expand and contrat, now they are a big expanded plain list of features.

Issue 2: In admin, when you click on a product and you see the EDIT DELETE MOVE etc. buttons, mine have now turned in to plain text rather than nice buttons.

I am sure I will find other items that have broken, but any help as to where I should look would be SUPER appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin

My guess is that the jQuery files are missing, or you messed up the upgrades to includes/template_top.php. Open a page of your store in Firefox, then right click and select View Source. Click on each one of the links in the Head section. If one or more gives you a 404 message, that's where the error is.

If all of those files are correct, then the problem is with your template. Contact your template provider for support.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

My guess is that the jQuery files are missing, or you messed up the upgrades to includes/template_top.php. Open a page of your store in Firefox, then right click and select View Source. Click on each one of the links in the Head section. If one or more gives you a 404 message, that's where the error is.

If all of those files are correct, then the problem is with your template. Contact your template provider for support.

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim, I think you may be on the right track. The one does bring up a 404 <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ext/jquery/ui/redmond/jquery-ui-1.8.22-osc.css" />

I checked the directory and there is a file there called jquery-ui-1.8.22.css so I tried changing it's name to add the -osc but that did not help, so I have changed it back. Does this mean that where I have the page linking to the jquery it must be set wrong?

Thanks for your help

Kevin

The -osc should not be in the link in includes/template_top.php. I don't know where that came from, but it's not part of the upgrade instructions. It may be part of your commercial template, in which case you need to make it compatible with the template. I can't help you there.

Regards

Jim

Hey Jim, thank you so so much for pointing me in the right direction! I have it fixed now, it was a typo on the admin/includes/template_top.php file relating to the jquery. I would never have found it without your help.

Have an awesome day, I know I will now :)

Cheers

Kevin

I have found another problem, when I go to the modules, social bookmarks, install module I get two errors, fist a bunch of file not founds, and secondly the modules have not been named correctly in the lower part of the page. I have attached a screen capture to show what I am talking about.

Cheers

Kevin

Hummm, I can't find a way to attach an image so I will cut and paste it here:

Warning: include(/home/xxxx/public_html/store/includes/languages/english/modules/social_bookmarks/sb_google_plus_one.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/xxxx/public_html/store/admin/modules.php on line 142

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/xxxx/public_html/store/includes/languages/english/modules/social_bookmarks/sb_google_plus_one.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxxx/public_html/store/admin/modules.php on line 142

Warning: include(/home/xxxx/public_html/store/includes/languages/english/modules/social_bookmarks/sb_google_plus_share.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/xxxx/public_html/store/admin/modules.php on line 142

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/xxxx/public_html/store/includes/languages/english/modules/social_bookmarks/sb_google_plus_share.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxxx/public_html/store/admin/modules.php on line 142

Warning: include(/home/xxxx/public_html/store/includes/languages/english/modules/social_bookmarks/sb_pinterest.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/xxxx/public_html/store/admin/modules.php on line 142

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/xxxx/public_html/store/includes/languages/english/modules/social_bookmarks/sb_pinterest.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxxx/public_html/store/admin/modules.php on line 142

MODULE_SOCIAL_BOOKMARKS_GOOGLE_PLUS_ONE_TITLE

MODULE_SOCIAL_BOOKMARKS_GOOGLE_PLUS_SHARE_TITLE

MODULE_SOCIAL_BOOKMARKS_PINTEREST_TITLE

Twitter Button

There are three files missing: store/includes/languages/english/modules/social_bookmarks/sb_google_plus_one.php, sb_google_plus_share.php, and sb_pinterest.php. They're in the upgrade package.

Regards

Jim

There are three files missing: store/includes/languages/english/modules/social_bookmarks/sb_google_plus_one.php, sb_google_plus_share.php, and sb_pinterest.php. They're in the upgrade package.

Regards

Jim

Again, thank you soooooooo much Jim! You are a champion!

Cheers

Kevin

I have just been told off for creating another thread with some NEW issues, so I will keep this one going I guess in the hope that someone reads this far down the page :rolleyes:

My new issues are:

Issue 1: On a product, where all the buttons are (Next, Previous, add to cart, reciews etc.) the original buttons are still there and working, but there is now a translucent blue botton superimposed over the top. I could probably just find that graphic and make it totally transparent, but I would rather change the code if possible.

Issue 2: In the template I bought, there is an ability to have multiple photos on a product. After the upgrade, any product that has multi photos , the photo only shows up as a line and the other photos are not there at all. I have obviously overwritten the code for displaying multiple photos, can anyone tell me where this code is?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Archived