• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Trouble editing SQL

Hi,

I have installed a date picker plug-in which requires a SQL change.

The instructions are simply this:

ALTER TABLE `orders` ADD `delivery_date` DATETIME NOT NULL AFTER `delivery_address_format_id` ;

When I open 'orders' table I see:

SELECT * FROM `orders` WHERE 1

So I make the amendment to show:

ADD `delivery_date` DATETIME NOT NULL AFTER `delivery_address_format_id` ;

But get #1064 – You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ADD `delivery_date` DATETIME NOT NULL AFTER `delivery_address_format_id` LIMIT' at line 2

I have also tried the same line minus the ADD command. Not much support from the plug-in guy on this, any ideas on what this could be??

Any help gratefully received :)

Many TIA

Don't select any table, just the database and then use just the statement the addon is telling you, nothing else.

ALTER TABLE `orders` ADD `delivery_date` DATETIME NOT NULL AFTER `delivery_address_format_id` ;

For more info, look here

is simply a dummy filler to give you a hint as to where to write your SQL query. You have to erase it before typing in the full ALTER... command.

If you have absolutely no idea what you're doing, I would suggest hiring someone who does, to do it for you. You're going to really screw up your database blindly entering SQL queries in a helter-skelter manner. Unlike code changes, it's a lot harder to back out an error in a database. At the very least you should be taking a full backup of your database before you start experimenting (and confirm that it's a good backup and know how to properly restore it!).

Archived