• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

"Error Error: The maximum number of login attempts has been reached. Please try again in 5 minutes."

oscbugzzz

Hi,

Anyone know the solution to this problem?

Error: The maximum number of login attempts has been reached. Please try again in 5 minutes.

Disabled the Action recorder, which probably caused it (or that's what Google told me).

Tried this without success:

In admin/includes/application_top.php locate and remove the following code.

// try to automatically login with the HTTP Authentication values if it exists

if (!tep_session_is_registered('auth_ignore')) {

if (isset($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_AUTH_USER']) && !empty($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_AUTH_USER']) && isset($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_AUTH_PW']) && !empty($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_AUTH_PW'])) {

$redirect_origin['auth_user'] = $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_AUTH_USER'];

$redirect_origin['auth_pw'] = $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_AUTH_PW'];

}

}

-----------------

Btw, will every addon in the v2.3-category work with 2.3.3?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

OB

With those changes back in, what is being recorded in the database? Can you see what the following MySQL query gives you after trying to log in again:

select * from action_recorder where module = 'ar_admin_login' and date_added >= date_sub(now(), interval 5 minute);

:heart:, osCommerce

Disabled the module again.. Getting the same error. The action_recorder table is empty.

select * from action_recorder where module = 'ar_admin_login' and date_added >= date_sub(now(), interval 5 minute);

Run that @PHPmyadmin. What's supposed to happen? Didn't solve anything tho. The action_recorder table is still empty and I can't login :<

Why does this happen........

In admin/login.php, find this line

if ($actionRecorder->canPerform()) {

and change it to

if (true) {

Upload the file and login. Then change it back to what it was and it should continue to work.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

@@oscbugzzz I can't reproduce it on Win7 XAMPP 1.7.3 or 1.8.1 :(

I do get the following error though with 1.7.3 when I add a product to the cart:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in C:\x173\xampp\htdocs\catalog\includes\classes\passwordhash.php on line 64

but works fine on 1.8.1.

Do any of the pages take a long time for you load, on either catalog or admin side?

:heart:, osCommerce

• 3 months later...

The best way to work around this problem and fixing it is to always have a good back up of your database, so erase it and recreate it using cPanel, database wizard that way it is easier to select all privileges to the admin account, so after that go to phpMyAdmin and import the tables using you mysql backup file and the admin username and password will be there but as long as you can remember it otherwise delete it and use this to query and recreate a brand new admin user ID in phpMyAdmin:

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `administrators` (

`id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,

`user_name` varchar(32) NOT NULL,

`user_password` varchar(40) NOT NULL,

PRIMARY KEY (`id`)

);

INSERT INTO `administrators` (`id`, `user_name`, `user_password`) VALUES

(1, 'loginnow', '2272bd2219e0bbc353e33f1e774c9d1e:11');

but obviously if you are locked out of the admin area delete admin/password.htaccess file and remove the following from .htacess file:

##### OSCOMMERCE ADMIN PROTECTION - BEGIN #####

AuthType Basic

AuthName "osCommerce Online Merchant Administration Tool"

AuthUserFile /home/guitarra/public_html/admin/.htpasswd_oscommerce

AuthGroupFile /home/guitarra/public_html/_vti_pvt/service.grp

Require valid-user

##### OSCOMMERCE ADMIN PROTECTION - END #####

Archived