• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

E-Commerce Site with questions before checkout

liverpool83

Hi, i currently looking at getting an e-commerce site setup and I am doing some investigation in terms of making sure that oscommerce will be equipped with what I am hoping to achieve.

The main aspect is to be able to sell products online to people that are able to answer a few questions before checkout. The order will than have been placed and providing all the questions have been answered correctly than the order will proceed to being completed otherwise I will get in touch with the customer to discuss further.

Is this something that I would be able to do with Oscommerce 2.3? If so, any ideas or links to help would be appreciated.

Thanx

@@liverpool83

osCommerce is open source and you can change/add/delete code as you want to. Yes, you can set up a modified checkout but you will have to be very familiar with PHP and SQL to do so.

Chris

Chris, thanx for ur reply. I am not overly experienced with PHP and MySQL but it is something that I am learning at the moment. Just trying to pick things up as would really like to set something up myself but if needed would be happy to pay somebody to help if it involves too much work for myself. Is this something that you can do?

You could add the question in the comments section, fast and nasty but it would work.

For more complicated questions it will depend on what the questions are and the answers they are "permitted" to give.

Cheers

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

@@liverpool83

As I said, you would need a good understanding of PHP and SQL in order to create the custom checkout process. As George stated, you could post for hired help in the Commercial Support forum, or just contact me directly from my profile.

Chris

Archived