• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Forum Software Update (Oct. 8 2012)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Harald

I'm not getting any error messages, it acts like if I'm not allowed to access and suggest me to become a sponsor, I'm getting the default page for all non sponsors.

Also any commercial topics don't come up anymore in new posts.

Thats probably just a setting hat got lost somehow

Hi All..

One of the new features of the upgrade is an archive feature which moves topics from the main database table to another table where replies can no longer be made to.

What are the thoughts of enabling this and applying it to topics that have not had replies to for over 1 year? Archived topics are still publicly accessible with the same link - the only thing that changes is that replies can no longer be posted. The topics remain in their forum channels and are visually marked with an "archived" label.

:heart:, osCommerce

Re: archived topics

I think that is a very good idea, it happens all the time hat someone posts a question or anything to a topic that is already some years old, that's only confusing for anyone who want to read

Re: archived topics

I think that is a very good idea, it happens all the time hat someone posts a question or anything to a topic that is already some years old, that's only confusing for anyone who want to read

I agree....and a year seems to be a reasonable time period to start with.

Dan

Just noticed that I no longer see the "Add-Ons" tab at the top of the page. I did a hard refresh but it still doesn't show up.

Dan

Just noticed that I no longer see the "Add-Ons" tab at the top of the page. I did a hard refresh but it still doesn't show up.

Dan

First tab,...Website>Addons

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

What are the thoughts of enabling this and applying it to topics that have not had replies to for over 1 year?

Would this include contribution support threads? If so, that might cause a problem since a new user of the contribution may want to ask a question dealing with that contribution. It's not uncommon for this to happen.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

This won't actually make much difference, since the forum software has already stopped sending notices that there has been a post to the thread -- without notifying anyone that this has been done. This is a pain to those of us who are still trying to support Addons that don't get very many posts to the support thread. Having no support thread may actually be better than having a thread that nobody answers.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

The previous @(username) and notification that a member was 'mentioned' is gone....this was useful to help members follow conversations.

Sounds like more of a down-grade rather than an upgrade

The previous @(username) and notification that a member was 'mentioned' is gone....this was useful to help members follow conversations.

Sounds like more of a down-grade rather than an upgrade

@@DunWeb it works for me. Can you confirm your notification settings:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications

Would this include contribution support threads? If so, that might cause a problem since a new user of the contribution may want to ask a question dealing with that contribution. It's not uncommon for this to happen.

Good point. It's possible to add channels to an exclude list so the add-on channels can be excluded.

This won't actually make much difference, since the forum software has already stopped sending notices that there has been a post to the thread -- without notifying anyone that this has been done.

Can you please review your notification settings?

Archived