• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Social Media Module confusion

kittycat01

Hi there,

I'm helping a friend with their store which is a massively modded version of oscommerce... I used to run a store using oscommerce but it was v2.2-ms2 so the built-in social media module wasn't included.

The thing is, they have the social media module turned on in admin, yet I can't see it anywhere displayed on the site, and I because I have no experience with this v. of OSC I have no idea where the buttons are supposed to display, or where the code lives.

I think I read something about the Tell a Friend box being converted in a box for these SM buttons - is that right? The thing is, the site I'm helping with doesn't have that box anymore, as mentioned previously, it's massively modded and changed beyond the original OSC format/design.

Is there an easy way to get the social media buttons to be displayed on the product_info.php?

Probably not an easy job but I thought I'd ask!

Thanks, Kitty :)

@@kittycat01

You will have to check to see WHICH version of osCommerce the website was created with, then we can help you.

Chris

Thanks Chris - Installed Version: osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.1

Also wondering if the upgrades available via version checker in admin are worth doing/easy with a heavily modded store?

Anyway, absolutely in love with the new OSC, it looks so great, especially the admin, the extras are brill.

Thanks, Kitty :)

Edited by Jan Zonjee