• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What security do I need?

britchops

Hi all

No, I don't mean burly doormen, but what security add-ons (against hacks and malicious attacks etc) would I do well to install before I launch my site soon. Any recommended for OSC 2.3.3?

Many thanks

TJ @ britchops

Let's run with the assumption that some "customizations" have been made :)

Google search:

https://www.google.com/search?q=secure+oscommerce+site#hl=en&q=site:++site:www.oscommerce.com/forums+www.oscommerce.com/forums+secure+oscommerce+site

Result:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/375288-updated-security-thread/

Kind of a long thread but it does have some good suggestions.

I agree with @@DunWeb UNLESS you have made alterations to the code in your shop and aren't sure if you have properly secured the changes you have made.

Matt

Thanks guys for the input. The only contribs used have been the master password add-on for OSC 2.3.1 and an unsuccessful install of the multilanguage dob pulldown (now uninstalled). I checked with my host tech after and he thinks all is well with file permissions so i think I'm OK, but there's a small chance of poor code as a result of UKifying the date of birth format.

Also, If I am hacked what do I do first to rectify the damage? Just trying to keep ahead of any problems.

Cheers,

TJ @ britchops

Also, If I am hacked what do I do first to rectify the damage? Just trying to keep ahead of any problems.

Cheers,

TJ @ britchops

First thing is wipe your site and install a clean backup. Or maybe first is find out where the hackers got in, then reinstall. Kind of a toss up there.

You are making regular backups and saving them locally right?

Tim

Archived