• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

cannot edit in administration

pammydee

I have had a few problems with OSC and have posted a few questions to no avail. Hopefully someone can help me out with this issue. When I try to edit in the administration area I suddenly cannot.

first i noticed that when i add products the footer does not move down the page it just remains and cuts off my products. So i tried to change my box layout, after I did that the footer moved to the far right side of the boxes on the right side of the page.

Now, I can't edit the layout of the boxes, I get the option on the right to edit, etc... when I click on edit the page turns into a full width without the information on the right that one would normally use to edit, such as click on right side, left side, etc...

I see this:

Show global and category best sellers

Enable Best Sellers Module

True

Content Placement

Left Column

Sort Order

display in pages.

all

But when I click edit it goes away and the Modules list becomes a full page.

I have deleted every contribution or add on I attempted to use because nothing worked. I am getting very frustrated. I greatly appreciate any help from anyone.

Thanks,

Pam

Version Checker Installed Version: osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.2

I downloaded the osc files from here. If you are in the administration panel - boxes the page is titled Modules, the first line (box to edit option) is Best Sellers then list the sort order then Actions. When I click on the edit in Actions section the problem begins. I can edit in categories, banners, etc...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pam,

If I understand correctly you have multiple problems in admin

1: add products the footer does not move down the page

2: footer moved to the far right side of the boxes on the right side of the page.

3: I can't edit the layout of the boxes

I take it this is a new shop/install!

You say that you have removed all addons that you installed so why not make it easy and instead of BUG HUNTING just overwrite your admin files with a fresh copy of the osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.2 .....

admin files everything except admin/includes/configure.php ???

You could first of course try uninstalling the Best Sellers module replacing and then reinstalling but sounds to me there are a few more problems here.

John

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Archived